A quotation is regarded as a formal document indicating the estimated cost of a particular service or product. Likewise, before an applicant can be connected to electricity in Kenya, they are required to apply for KPLC electricity connection upon which a KPLC quotation is issued.
The KPLC quotation includes details such as;
- KPLC reference number
- Application date
- Quotation date
- Applicant’s name
- Plot number
- Connection cost (this amount is an estimated cost whereby upon full payment, a firm quotation will be issued after the initial commencement of a survey)
How To Get A KPLC Quotation
In-order to receive a KPLC quotation, an applicant is required to complete an application for KPLC electricity connection through registration by creating a KPLC self service account.
It is through this status check that an applicant is notified about the progress of the quotation phase.
Generally, the quotation timelines are usually dependent on the application type which include;
- 7 days for meter only applications
- 14 days for low voltage extension applications
- 28 days for both low voltage single phase & medium voltage/transformer applications.
Once in receipt of the KPLC quotation, payment is required to be effected within 90 days from the date of the quotation using any of the below payment channels.
- RTGS to KPLC bank account number
- Mpesa payment via Paybill number 8888999 and account number: KPLC reference number
- Cheque to KPLC indicating KPLC reference number and contact number.
- Cash payment at any KPLC payment office.