Stima Sacco is one of the oldest Saccos in the Kenyan financial market. Apart from its high reputation, it is among the most established Saccos, with a membership of over 130, 000 people across the country. Its high membership can be attributed to active mobilization and the impressive brands it offers. It has over Shs 4 billion annual turnovers.
Your savings generate various benefits such as interest rebates of between 10-12% which is regarded as among the highest. Apart from the Sacco being a savings entity, it also offers front office services, where you can walk in and receive your desired services from the staff members.
How to Become a Member Of Stima Sacco
Membership of Stima Sacco is open to all Kenyans and non-Kenyans—you can join it from any part of the world. Its membership is not only available to individuals but also groups and corporate institutions.
Maybe you would want to know how to join the Sacco as an individual, group, or corporate.
a) An Individual
Do you have the dreams of joining Stima Sacco to start your walk to financial success but not sure of how to join? When joining Stima Sacco as an individual, you will require to do the following
- Visit any of the Saccos branches and obtain a membership form. Or you can as well obtain the form from their online portal, download, fill, and submit it to any of the nearest branches.
- To the duly filled form, attach a copy of your original ID or Passport before submission.
- Also, attach a copy-colored passport size photo.
b) A Group
You could be a team of people who have come together to do business together, and want to join a sacco. Membership of Stima Sacco is also open to such groups. While the process is almost the same as the ones for an individual, you would need the following
- As the individual, you will need to fill out a membership form, which you can obtain from any of their branches or online portal.
- Remember to attach relevant copies of IDs and passport-size photos of group members.
- Attach a copy of your group’s institution
- Is your group registered? It should. Attach a copy of the certificate of registration.
- And a copy of your last meeting’s minutes. Minutes should show where the group members agreed to become members of the Sacco.
c) Joining As a Corporate Entity
A corporation refers to a business entity owned by shareholders. The shareholders elect a board of directors, who are responsible for overseeing the organization’s activities. The corporation may be for business, which exists to generate profits, or non-profit, which offers charity help to the society.
- Suppose, you are in such an entity and you want to join a Sacco, you will be required to have the following,
- Copies of the Corporations memorandum of Association plus the articles you agreed upon.
- To join or not join a Sacco is a consensus that should be reached by the board of directors. So, attach the minutes of the meetings where they accepted to join the Sacco.
- Attach a copy of the corporation’s certificate of registration
Stima Sacco has one of the efficient services such an entity can offer. To avoid delays, confirm if you have all the required certificates and documents. You can then drop them to the nearest branch or file your application online—whichever will be convenient to you.
Before long, after the process is completed, you will be contacted by the Sacco for further direction. It’s that simple, and you have just started your journey to financial success, with one of the most trusted, convenient, and reliable Saccos in Kenya and beyond the borders.
Categories: Stima Sacco