Waumini sacco is a licensed sacco in Kenya that was established in the year 1980 with the main objective of receiving deposits and advance loans to its members, promoting economic and social development through availing of affordable credit to its members and continuous education of members on cooperative and economic development.
Waumini sacco has over 33,000 members drawn from over 700 catholic organizations in Kenya including siblings, spouses as well as 18-year old children of existing waumini sacco members.
Waumini sacco’s operations are governed by principles summarized by their vision, mission and core values as highlighted below
Vision: To provide practical financial solution and exceptional customer experience to members.
Mission: A sustainable brighter future for our customers
Motto: A future to believe in
Core values: Customer focused, teamwork and integrity
Benefits of Joining Waumini Sacco
Some of the benefits of becoming a member of Waumini sacco include; fast salary/payroll processing, swift loan processing and advancement, affordable & competitive credit interest rates, short saving duration of three months and flexible repayment periods of upto five years.
In addition, Waumini sacco provides a wide variety of products and services catered to each individual member’s needs. Such products and services include:
a) Bosa loan and savings products: these are back office services
- Loan products: emergency loan, school fees loan, mazao loan, loan restructuring product, self-guaranteed loans and development loans.
- Savings products: deposits, share capital and benevolent (insurance risk fund)
b) Fosa loan and savings products: stands for Front Office Services Activity and operates like a bank account.
- Loan products: salary advance, group super flex, mobile loan, mjengo loan and fosa loan.
- Savings products: fixed deposit account, junior deposit account, pamoja group account and prime account.
c) Mobile banking: via ussd code *346# or m-sacco+ app available from playstore which provides services such as withdrawals, balance enquiries, mini-statements, deposits, loan repayments, Fosa-Bosa transfers, inter-fosa transfers etc
d) Online portal: Allows members to access their account and check BOSA and FOSA statements, access loan calculator, track loan progress, check guaranteed loans, dividends and also check latest transactions. The Waumini sacco member portal can be accessed via this link.
Waumini sacco has seven branches spread out across the country with locations in Kisii, Nakuru, Rongai, Meru, Mombasa and its main office below
Applewood Adams building, 2nd Floor,
Opp. Green House, Ngong Road
P.O Box 66121-00800, Westlands, Nairobi.
Phone contacts: 0709 052 000/ 0728 606 059/ 0734 666 226
How Do You Become A Member Of Waumini Sacco?
Who Can Join Waumini Sacco
Any person who is a catholic faithful or an employee of a catholic based organization can freely join Waumini sacco by having the below requirements on how to join Waumini sacco.
How To Join Waumini Sacco As An Individual
- Copy of national ID
- Passport photo
- Introduction letter from employer authorizing employees check-off system to the sacco (applicable to employees)
- Recommendation letter from chairperson (jumuiya) and parish priest
- Non-refundable registration fee of Ksh500
- Minimum monthly deposit of Ksh300
- Minimum share capital of Ksh15,000 payable in installments of Ksh500 per month for 30 months
- Insurance risk fund of Ksh50
- Duly filled membership application form
How To Join Waumini Sacco As A Corporate
Categories: Waumini Sacco