Gone are the days when KPLC related issues were handled through physical visits to the nearest KPLC regional offices which at times experienced extremely long queues as a result.
However, due to technological advancements, queues are no longer necessary and as such, simple interactions and functions can be effected online through various platforms such as service portals (KPLC self service portal), apps (MyPower) and USSD (*977#)
Nonetheless, some of the above mentioned services require prior registration before one can access their full functionalities.
For example, the KPLC self service portal is beneficial to KPLC consumers (prepaid and postpaid) in that it enables them to:
- Check KPLC application status
- Check KPLC reference number
- Check KPLC meter registration details
- Check KPLC postpaid account number
- Check KPLC meter location
- Check KPLC debt balance
- Check KPLC quotation
- Check KPLC prepaid tokens
- Apply for KPLC electricity connection
- Transfer KPLC account ownership
- Send suggestions and complaints
- Verify KPLC employees and contractors
Therefore, to access the entirety of the above services, one is required to create an account by completing the registration process outlined below.
How To Register For KPLC Self Service Portal
- Navigate to the KPLC self service portal
- Click on ‘Register’
- Choose applicant status i.e. tenant or landlord
- Input your account number
- Select a document type from the list of available options i.e. PIN, national ID, passport, military ID, UN card, certificate of registration etc.
- Enter your country
- Depending on the document type chosen above, input its respective document number
- Select your preferred login mode i.e. phone or email
- Enter your active phone number as well as email address
- Check the reCaptcha box box, read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions by selecting the checkbox.
- Proceed to click ‘ Register’ to finalize the registration process and subsequently receive an email containing the login credentials i.e. username and password.
Leave a Reply